Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Seeker travels to Texas


The very first thing Seeker decided he needed was "Eyes of course!! How can I seek any thing if I can't see!"

A very determined Seeker knew just what he wanted to look like... I did and redid his eyes and skin tone several times, then threw up my hands and gave in.


Later on as I was working in the journal I noticed a picture of Seeker that Kris had put in there that I hadn't given a thought to since I had first went through the journal. Wouldn't you know... it is very close to what Seeker became!

While out wandering around Seeker found a Rose Quartz crystal, a piece of one from one of my "rock gardens" and asked to keep it for a found treasure. Well of course, he must have a souvenir! With all of the walking he had picked up a limb from our trumpet vine and was using it as a walking stick. I wired the Rose Quartz to it so Seeker could keep it close and maybe add more found treasures along his travels.

Being a bit self-conscious wandering around with no clothes, we spent some time working on rust dyed fabric to make a tunic. I am no great seamstress, so maybe one of the other artists will help refine the simple rust-dyed tunic I made and embellished with some hand stitching.



Next was working in the wonderful alter book journal. I don't have a lot of experience with these, but had been getting a feel for art journal techniques and tried a few out. What fun spritzing water thinned acrylic before recording parts of Seeker's adventures!

For the quotes pages I played with sponge painting, printing on scrapbook paper and decorative trimming.

I refer to Seeker as he because that is what he feels like to me... but really the gender hasn't come obviously one or the other yet.
I had so much fun working on Seeker and the journal, what a happy happy soul he is! I can't wait to see how Seeker develops with the other artist!

2 comments:

Kristi uk said...

Stacie, my 'boy' is just amazing.. your work is superb! Love absolutely everything.. and you'd never guess you arent a seasoned journaler!
Love his eyes, his skin.. everything!
Thanx so much..
Kris x

Therese Taylor said...

Seeker has so much character already! He truly seems magical!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...